Friday, May 2, 2008

Get Started, Why I blog!

I can't image that Michael almost 11 months old now. I still remember the overwelding emotion when I first delivered him in the hospital. I have been through all kind of emotion like guilty, sad, concern, worry even mad. He turns out to be fine till now.
First thing bother me is his right ear is a so-called "small ear" - Microtia, then I found out that he has Astresia (ear canal is closed)too. Next, the doctor suspected that his heart has a problem, and we went to have a color scan and 2 holes were found in his heart.Before he got 8 months old, the pediatrician found out that he is a little bit late development.I took him for hearing test for both ears when he is 6 months old, luckily he has very good hearing on his left ear and he will develop his language without hearing aids.During past 11 months, he has been very sick for twice, but recovered very well within one week.God bless that he will be fine and he will be doing very well day by day.
He is such a cute boy and I will not exchange him with anything and I never regret that I had him even he is less perfect. On the contrary, he is lucky because he has a mother like me that can find best care for him and will help him to go through this with strong will.
We chose to have Dr. Renisch in LA, california in U.S. reconstruct his right ear with Medpor and Dr. Roberson for Astresia repair. It will involve a lot of money, but I think my little boy - Michael worth it and I really want him to have a bright and happy life with confidence in himself.Another 2 years ahead will be full of challenges for us and we must be strong enough to support him and ourselves.

No comments: